Monday, October 12, 2009

Soul Food (part 57 )


As a young girl the only wish I had was a place to hide, just had a strong desire to be invisible.



Than at the age of six an eyedoctor said: 'She doesn't really need any glasses but if you think it is a good idea, ok' Still remember that I was so mad at that doctor because I needed these glasses and I was gonna show him that. My glasses became my best friends. I could hide behind my big glasses and no one would see.

My eyes fully cooperated with my wish and stopped functioning normal. Recently I read at Julies that in some countries I'm almost legally blind. Oops!!! Nowadays I'm having a love/hate relationship with my hiding habits. But what would happen if I decided I'm not gonna hide any more?

Did you make a decision as a kid that had big consequences?

Have a wonderful day and be careful what you are wishing for.

Elizabeth

3 comments:

Protege said...

So much wisdom here.;) I too wanted to hide as a kid, but I on the contrary preferred not to wear my glasses, as when I could not see anyone, I was invisible too.;)
xo

julochka said...

i always draw a little pair of glasses that looks almost exactly like that in my little notebooks when there's something i have to look into or research after the meeting or just later. funny how much the ones i draw look like your little embroidery.

i always loved wearing glasses. i actually wanted them for quite awhile before i got them in the 5th grade and sometimes i even think i willed myself into needing them. :-) silly, huh?

Pursuing Art... said...

Oh, dear. I understand having a love/hate relationship with hiding habits. I still have to push myself sometimes not to hide or withdraw. For me, it's been learning to accept and welcome the 'real' me...no matter what others think.

No hiding is feeling free. XOXO ~me