Thursday, September 17, 2009

Soul Food (part 40)



The almost last produce from the garden is collected. We tried a number of new things in our vegetable garden and it worked out ok.


Since I love asphargus, I bought some seed and put it in and managed to get 6 plants, here you can see two of them. It will take another two years before there will be a produce but that is just to test my patience.

To honour this experience I found this symbol wich stands for autumn/harvest. The symbol I found at Jenna's place.



Have a great day and I hope you are just as pleased with the harvest from your (creative) garden.

Elizabeth

3 comments:

tangled stitch said...

Something else in common I love asparagus too. Although I would never in a million years try to grow it. I have a black thumb. Enjoy your delicious asparagus!

julochka said...

i took pictures of the last summer veggies on friday too! it must have been in the air. :-)

you're very patient to start asparagus from seeds. i bought roots and even then, they haven't really thrived. i think the soil where they are is too clay, but maybe at the new place.

Pursuing Art... said...

Oh, I know...I was so sad to harvest the last tomatoes, etc., from the garden. Wish we could have fresh vegetables all year.

We love asparagus too! Good for you to grow it from seed...will be worth the wait!

Love the symbol for autumn/harvest