Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Soul food (part 9)



Today's piece is the circle of life. A similar circle I did on my first painting, shown in my first post. This circle stands for the four directions of the wind, the different phases in life, the stages of every project. The circle can also be seen as the path the soul needs to travel. But every now and than the soul wanders off the circle by choice or an experience. Later on when things don't feel good anymore it has to find it's way back too the circle in order to feel I'm on the right track again.

This piece is made in a wonderful blue color woollen felt stitched on the cloth with a buttonhole stitch.

That's all for today. Hope you will have a fantastic day.

Elizabeth

3 comments:

Mary said...

This is one of my favourites yet...

B said...

I really love this piece, but I like more your explanation of what the piece means.

Pursuing Art... said...

I love the Circle of Life! I like that the circle stands for four directions of the wind, the different phases in life and the stages of every project. But I love the thought that the circle can be seen as a path the soul needs to travel. It is so true...our soul wanders off every now and then and it does need to find it's way back and get back on the right track. Beautifully said, Elizabeth!

Gorgeous stitching too! ;-)