Monday, June 15, 2009

Soul Food (part 15)



Last night while I was thinking about the symbols I made I really looked forward to writing this post, I felt so happy about the latest two symbols I made. But today I woke up in a bluesy mood and so the two symbols I thought about last night have to wait.

Today it is the day of the teardrop. Teardrops are very precious. The largest part of a teardrop is water and water contains air. When your sad/hurt or just feel the need to cry and you give yourself permission to cry the water will cleanse your soul, it gives you air/room to face another experience of life. Maybe this is why small children cry easily, they still want to clean up immediately until they have learned to keep it in and control these situations for the sake of others. Maybe we should change this cultural thing, what do you think?

Hope to hear from you, in the meantime have a lovely day.

Elizabeth

2 comments:

Mary said...

I have found tears to be my friend this year..

and I hope that your mood brightens after the tears have cleansed you.

Pursuing Art... said...

Teardrops are precious and I think they cleanse your soul too and bring peace! I think it is wonderful that you included it in your quilt. Tears affect us all...in sadness, anger, grief, joy and laughter too.

I'm with Mary...I hope you feel better too after the tears have cleansed you!