Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Soul food (part 11)


Yesterday evening, after hours of clearing out and cleaning, I dared myself to sit down and try again. This may sound strange but I was a bit nervous when I started. The first few stitches didn't work out but I didn't want to give in and I'm glad I didn't. Because now I can show you my finished blocks about the communication process which I started during the weekend.



I started symbolizing the communication process while I was making my two books, Mystery and Listening to the wind. In the first block you see four different stitches in four different colors representing the energy-signature of four people. In the second block these four people are trying the enter an open door, someone to communicate with.



In the next small block you see the person who opens up connects with one of the others.



This last photograph is a detailed picture of the large block on the left called dialogue. When you communicate with someone you send out a mixture of energy. The energy of the sound of your voice, loud or soft. The energy of your body, the way you stand, sit, using your arms and so on. And of course the energy of the words you use because the same message can be brought in several levels of intensity. All of this is going on between the two individuals, with their own energysignature and their own emotional understanding of the words used, who are interacting with each other.

While I'm explaining all this in words I think is it any wonder there is so much miscommunication?

Hope this makes any sense too you all. If you feel I missed something or you don't have clue what I'm talking about please let me know because a post about communication shouldn't be miscommunicated.

Have fun today.

Elizabeth

3 comments:

B said...

I really like the person who connects with all the others and all the things they project. I remember at University (I did Journalism), how we were always talking all the different factors in a conversation, and of how much you can covey without words, with your facial or body expressions. Very interesting!

Pursuing Art... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pursuing Art... said...

That was me...I realized I made a goof and needed to retype it.

I'm glad you didn't give up and persisted in your stitching and thoughts. I like all the symbols you have stitched about communication. You also explained it very well, especially the energy we send out when we are communicating with someone. ~Lisa