Monday, June 8, 2009

Something in between

Last weekend something really strange happend. You all know what a writersblock is, the writer can't get a sentence right no matter how hard she/he is trying. Well now, for the first time in my whole life I experienced a stitchblock. It started friday while I tried to do a piece with felt. Started 4 times and each time I could start anew. And still it wasn't the way I wanted it. So I thought well lets start with something else. I started with a new symbol, used a stitch I did at least 50 thousand times before, but it wouldn't come out right. After almost three and a half hour I gave up.

On saturday the same happend but I gave up after an hour or so. Instead of stitching I started cleaning closets. Have to say I had a wonderful time with it. On sunday I started with cleaning closets again but in the evening I tried again to do some work. I managed to make a start with a symbol in french knots but after about 25 knots the same happend again. I stopped.

So now it is monday and I have absolutely nothing to show you guys. I hope this stitchblock disappears soon because I want to move on. In the meantime I have to ask you to be patient.

Thank you all for giving such lovely comments last week. It is so much fun to read them, especially when I read how each time you have another favorite which has more meaning to you than the last favorite. Julie even used the word cool. That really made my day because embroidery and cool is not match made easily. So thank you all for stopping by and I'm gonna try to get my needle working again.

Have a lovely day

Elizabeth

3 comments:

B said...

I hope the stitchblock doesn't last very long! In the meantime, I don't think there is much you can do (apart from cleaning), so don't worry, it'll come back to you!

umama said...

This happens to be too.. but, like you, I move on to something else in the meantime!

Pursuing Art... said...

Oh, dear...you did the right thing by putting it down and moving on to something else for awhile. I'm so glad to see that you are on a roll and stitching again!

Hugs to you...~Lisa ;-)