Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The five questions of B

Last friday B answered the five questions she was given by Sussanah. Today it is my turn to answer the questions B gave me.
So here we go.

What’s the first thing you do in the morning?
The very first thing is hearing the voice of my husband who is trying to let me now that the alarmclock rang.

What's the best thing about blogging?
Sharing in every sense of the word. Two and a half year ago I started reading Elsita's blog and I have no idea how many posts she wrote about the good things of blogging. But she succeeded, I started my own blog. First very privately, didn't tell a soul, about six months later I felt the need to tell someone, so I told Elsa. This is what happend. There was no way back.


What's your first memory?
My first memory is that I'm sitting on a large windowsill looking outside. I can still see the warm yellow curtains and feel the warmth of the sun. Somehow this made a big impression because I was about two and a half/three years old. Unfortunately I can't remember what I was thinking, I would like to know though.

Do you have a book/film/piece of music that you specially like? What is it and what does it mean to you?
It's impossible to choose between books because there are so many. Choosing a piece of music that's even more difficult, memories and music are so connected. That leaves film. Now I have to admit that if I really try hard I might go once a year to the movies. So not many options in this department. Which one will I choose: Out of Africa, no I fell asleep, I was simply to tired. Something romantic: Bridges of Madison County, this is a good option because I also read the book later on. Or Brokeback Mountain, I have seen this on a couple of times. Bridget Jones diary, no I liked Colin Firth more in the TV-series of the BBC Pride and Prejudice. A movie with a message: Pay it forward, liked the idea, loved the book but not the way the movie ended. Maybe a movie with music, let's see. Saturday Night Fever, no, didn't like it. Grease, liked it because I went with some girlfriends and had great time. Had nothing to do with the movie though. Dirty dancing, Patrick Swayze had a nice backside but that is a too thin to become the best movie. There were more music-movies and dancing but I can't remember their names. That leaves me to one option. The movie ONCE. Loved it, still listen to the music from it and the voice of Glen Hansard is one that must be heard. So my favorite movie is: ONCE.

What's your favourite season of the year? Why?
Spring is my favourite season because of the freshness in the air, the warmth of the sun and life that starts a new. If you ever need to travel to Denmark, take spring when the rape is in full bloom. Or just look at the pictures below.




This is spring to me!!!!

That brings to the end of this post. Answered all of B's questions faithfully, enjoyed myself and I hope you did too.

See you tomorrow. And please don't forget, keep your fingers crossed. PLEASE!!!

Elizabeth


4 comments:

julochka said...

i love those fields of raps as well. they DO mean spring and they're so bright they actually kind of make my eyes jump and even hurt a little bit. but i still love seeing it every year.

and maybe i'm a bit behind on reading everything (still trying to catch up from last week), but what are we crossing our fingers for?

:-)
/j

B said...

Thanks for playing!! I love Once too!!! And many others you mentioned (Grease never fails to put me in a good mood!)

Pursuing Art... said...

Fun!!!...I'm so glad you started your blog, E! I enjoy visiting very much. Great post and answers too!

I *LOVED* Once and the music!!! And, Bridges of Madison County...book and movie are a favorite too and I still get a kick out of Grease and the music.

Spring is my favorite season for the exact same reason!!! :) The photos you shared are *GORGEOUS*!!! Love the blue sky with those fields of yellow flowers...so beautiful!

Keep smiling and happy stitching!

~Lisa ;-)

Pursuing Art... said...

P.S. I meant to say Denmark looks so beautiful!!!