Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Soul Food



On monday I showed you my new book, Babel. In the meantime I have been to a local fleamarket and found a handwoven white tablecloth with blocks in them. I haven't been able to photograph it in such a way that you can see these blocks, so you have to take my word for it. When I saw it, I immediately thought about Babel and my old desire to make a quilt. So I am totally excited to announce a new project, which is very large. (The tablecloth is 1 m. and 20 cm by 1 m. 40.) The name for it is: Soul Food and it is gonna be an embroidery painting. Have assembled all kinds of woollen felt and every string of blue and pink I could find in my stash to embroider with it.



My working box is ready and I bought a lovely pink journal especially for the notes concerning this project. So the coming weeks I will be working on Soul Food and keep you up-to-date with it. Hope you will enjoy this process just as much as I already am.

Have a lovely day,

Elizabeth

6 comments:

Mary said...

I cannot wait to see what you do with this..

Mal* (turning*turning) said...

I'm also excited to see where this goes.

tangled stitch said...

Can't wait to see Soul Food and be nourished by your creativity! Have fun and happy stitching!

Victoria said...

Sounds like a piece of magic is in the making. I really like your embroidered doll piece from the post below as well.

Pursuing Art... said...

Looking forward to seeing your Soul Food quilt come to life...fun! ;-)

julochka said...

i'm not sure i saw this first post about soul food...i love seeing it now and learning where it began. and also thinking about how far you have come in such a short time. inspiring.