Friday, May 29, 2009

Soul Food (part 7)


This is a large block which is called Blinded by love. This symbol appeared for the first time when I created Mystery last year. It feels very appropriate now because I'm totally blinded by my love for this piece, every minute is filled with thoughts and stitches. Wonderful butterflies are carrying me through this process. I'm so grateful that I'm able to let this happen.




Here a detailed picture, so you can see the body made in a backstitch variation in two colors and two kinds of threads: silk and cotton. The cotton in this piece is actually very thin crochet yarn. For the heart I also used two colors and the variation of silk and cotton. Both sides are stitched in a pekinese stitch. On the right side I used a soft pink as a base, on the left side the brighter pink. The real beauty is that the cotton and silk threads with exactly matching colors are given it a wonderful flavour for the eye.

I'm off stitching again. Have a lovely day filled with sunshine and I'll see you soon.

3 comments:

julochka said...

this is just such a cool project. i'm so glad you're sharing it. it's really inspiring.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Julie, you just made my day.

Pursuing Art... said...

Blinded by Love...so perfect...because this piece is so YOU! It's your heart art and what a beautiful way to process thoughts and journal through your stitching.

The cotton and silk are beautiful paired together.