Friday, May 29, 2009

Soul Food (part 6)


A new small block. The name for it is Wall and is done in a backstitch variation. This is a special wall because it has no foundation and is based on a small part of the speech Randy held at Carnegie Mellon. If you never heard this speech and you have the time to watch it, I'll promise you this, you will be inspired.



A week has gone by, a lot of stitches have been made and this is a picture of the journey so far. I enjoyed myself immensely and I want to thank everyone for stopping by and leaving such wonderful comments and heartfelt e-mails.

Now it is time for me to continue this journey, more than enough ideas and cloth to put them on.

See you soon.

Elizabeth

6 comments:

Mary said...

I love the sum total of this so far - and again the thought that you put into your stitching and needlework.

B said...

I love how the whole thing is shaping out, really beautiful! The detail is amazing.
PS. Thanks so much for that link to the article on education. I put some thoughts on my blog, but wanted to thank you too. Very interesting!

ger said...

Good to discover your blog (+ thank you for commenting on Gerdiary)... This looks lovely and interesting, I´ll come visiting again...

karen said...

this is looking gorgeous Elizabeth, it's all coming together so well.

Pink of Perfection said...

i absolutely love this project. there's something dreamlike about the embroidery, but the stitches themselves (as a medium) make it earthy...if that makes sense. it's just so so beautiful.

Pursuing Art... said...

The wall is a wonderful addition to your quilt.

I did see and hear Randy's speech on TV and shared it with Mark on You Tube so he could hear it too. That speech was so touching. He was truly a wonderful, strong and inspiring man. What a lovely gift to his children and wife! His speech made me cry.

The picture of the journey so far is outstanding. I worry that you may run out of room with all those thoughts and symbols, Elizabeth...maybe you'll have to stitch two! ;-)