Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Soul Food (part 4)


Today I have two blocks for you. The first I want to show you is 47, it is done in a cross stitch. The cross stitch is one of the first stitches I learned when I was a girl but haven't used it in ages therefore it was a joy to try it again.



My second block of today is a spoon. This one was a challenge because the handle is made out of a combination of stitches. In it is used a buttonhole stitch, an experimental knot, a french knot and a running stitch variation. The symbol spoon is important to me which I already explained in this post and Alex also made a lovely post about it.

Hope you like what I served you today. Have a lovely day and I'll see you soon.

Elizabeth

4 comments:

B said...

I'm really loving this project! Thanks for showing it little by little.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks B. Everything things comes one stitch at a time.

tangled stitch said...

Beautiful! Great job on the spoon and the 47!

Pursuing Art... said...

Cross stitch was one of the first stitches I learned too.

The symbols and stitching are perfect.

It is a treat to watch it grow...block by block...stitch by stitch!

Thank you for sharing with us all! I hope you have a nice weekend and I'll be by again soon! Happy Stitching!

Hugs my friend...~Lisa ;-)