Monday, May 25, 2009

Soul Food (part 2)

It's monday again and that means it is time to share some of the work I have been doing during the weekend. Didn't do as much as I wanted to but that is ok. Life is more than embroidery, although I'm totally head over heals in love with the piece I'm creating. She is so femine, so tender and lovely. Wish you all could see her grow for real and not just in a post. Well, today I want to share with you the shell I embroidered in a chainstitch variation.




A shell is a home, a place of shelter for a little animal. He doesn't want to be spotted but is still seen in all it's beauty because of his unique shell. The shell is strong, the weakness is the small opening which needs to be there in order to live. Being open is a neccesity for us human beings too but how often don't we want to hide?

Have a fantastic day and hope to see you soon.


Elizabeth

Almost forgot. Thanks for all the lovely comments, they are wonderful. I'm so glad you are interested in this new project.

Bye

3 comments:

julochka said...

i love the thoughts you put into the simplest details. "being open is a necessity.." that's beautiful.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Julie.

Pursuing Art... said...

This is so exciting and wonderful, Elizabeth...it is so you! What a piece of heart art it will be. I'm so looking forward to seeing all the symbols you use.

Love the shell! It is a home/shelter for them and for us and we have to be open and yet sometimes we want to hide inside too!

Ontzagwekkend! ~Lisa ;-)