Friday, May 1, 2009

A cuff



Today I want to show you the last item I made for the the 'Julie'-project, a cuff with a stone-button. Pinky and the crocheted stone were inspired by the work of Margaret. So I decided to make also something inspired by mother nature, to show her beauty.



During the holiday last year on Langeland I collected all kind of stones with holes in them. This one I like a lot because it has such a rich texture and lovely colours. Because the holes are so perfectly situated I was able to make a large button out of it. Hope you like it.

This is the last post of this week. Thank you all for visiting and commenting. I don't know exactly when I will be back next week because we have friends over from the Netherlands (Holland).

Hope to see you soon. Have a fantastic weekend and a lot of sunshine.

Elizabeth

4 comments:

julochka said...

i totally LOVE your stone button!! i've got a whole basketful of stones with holes in them, but i don't think any would make a good button (unsurprisingly, a lot of mine have some kind of eyeball thing going on).

i just love what you've done with crocheting stones this week and so happy you discovered margie, isn't her work fantastic?

enjoy your guests!

xox,
/j

Pursuing Art... said...

Beautiful cuff Elizabeth! I adore the stone button...it is beautiful! Isn't mom nature amazing...what gifts we receive from her!

Have a wonderful time with friends and a lovely weekend!

Hugs to you...~Lisa ;-)

karen said...

this is so lovely! Exquisite.

tangled stitch said...

this is very cool Elizabeth. Love the stone button.