Friday, April 24, 2009

Teardrop


This is a teardrop envelope I made for a teacher at the school of my boys. This lovely Polish woman with a big heart turns forty next week and that fact is bringing her a lot of tears. When she told me that I decided to make her something special. So I designed a teardrop-envelope for her to symbolize her tears. And although her favorite colour is black I went deliberately for pink and purple. The pink I used as an expression of kindness and the purple as the colour of acceptance.

The button is made with the technique spool knitting and is filled with a pipecleaner.



Last friday I asked if any of my readers could write Polish. Julie responded and sent me over to Sotto voce. Before I continue, I would like to congratulate Julie first on receiving her BoN this week. CONGRATULATIONS Julie!!!
So fridaynight I visited Sotto Voce and met Polly. Polly responded very kindly too my request and helped me to write a little Polish note to wish her happy birthday. Thank you so much, Polly and now I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope she will like the gesture.

Another week has gone by, which I spent doing the things I really like to do and sometimes my time was whisked away by things I just need to do, all of this with a smile on my face and singing along. Hope you also had a great week with a lot of creativity and sunshine. Before I leave, I want to thank everybody who stopped by and visited Landanna.

Have a fantastic weekend filled with sunshine and if you leave a comment I'll stop by and visit your place.


See you on monday!!!

Elizabeth

7 comments:

julochka said...

i'm so glad it worked out with polly, i'm sure your son's teacher will be very pleased and touched by your gift and the trouble you went to make sure a little polish note accompanied it!

happy weekend to you!
xox,
/julie

Pursuing Art... said...

Hi Elizabeth...I'm finally out and about visiting now that I am caught up.

You have such a big heart and this envelope for your friend is wonderful and so thoughtful...I know she will adore it. I like what the colors represent. Isn't the internet amazing? How cool that Julie was able to refer you to Polly to help write a note in Polish...she will love it!

Thank you for visiting and leaving such a sweet comment! I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend too! I'm off to see what I have missed...it's been far too long.

Hugs my friend...~Lisa

freebird said...

What a beautiful gift for your son's teacher. My fortieth was no big deal but my fiftieth was. Everyone has a time they wonder where they stand in life. It's so nice of you to help her in this special way. The teardrop is such a clever way to make the envelope too.

Jackie said...

What a brilliant idea, a teardrp purse. I can imagine all sorts of circumstances when it might be appropriate.

tangled stitch said...

What a lovely piece! I'm sure the woman loved it. Congrats on the polish situation.

http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com said...

your work is so sweet!! i love it.

I am hosting a giveaway at my blog

http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com

furrybees said...

This is such a lovely gesture. I love the button. It's a great touch on a special piece.