Friday, March 20, 2009

What you see is what you get envelope

A special post for you today. Recently Camilla had a really nice post called Yellow and red and in this post she added a link to JK Keller. One of his projects is called insecurity envelopes and when I saw his envelopes I was touched with beauty and inspiration. So I couldn't resist to make one myself.




I took the thickest felt I had and started weaving just like I did with this dreamcatcher, although it works a little bit differently because there is no real stiffness in the envelope. The cobweb is to ensure that the message is protected against evil spirits, just like the dreamcatcher protects one from bad dreams.



So thank you Camilla and JK for helping me see things differently and if you visit JK's place, please don't forget to look at the drawings. You will know why when you see them!!!

Have an inspirational day and I'll see you monday.

Elizabeth

3 comments:

Pursuing Art... said...

Oh, Elizabeth...I like the inspiration you got from JK's insecurity envelopes! This is wonderful and you did a beautiful job!

His laser cut envelopes are so cool and his drawings are something else too! I'm glad that you shared his blog.

I hope you and your family have a nice weekend! ~Lisa ;-)

P.S. Thank you for your note! ;-)

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Lisa, have a great weekend.

Elizabeth

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Dear Elizabeth,

I really enjoy seeing your interesting experiments - there is so much you can do with envelopes, messages, mail ... but this is really a new approach!