Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Today's post is a new and improved teacozy. It is gonna be a present for a girlfriend who's teacozy was destroyed while washing.
So what did I change? First I used the chainstitch differently, secondly the fastening is different and I made it with 4 layers to make sure that the tea will kept hot for a long period of time.
Because I changed the fastening I was forced to use buttons. When I designed it I didn't think this would be a problem but it became one because I couldn't find the right size in this babyblue color. So that challenged me to make my own button, I used a pipecleaner and some babyblue cotton yarn to make one.
I kept the idea that you can turn it inside out and the collar to fold it the way you like it.
To find black buttons was not such a big problem.
If you can't remember what the first one was looking like, click here. Tell me which one you like best or what you think I still can improve on it.
Have a sunny day like me today. See you tomorrow.