Thursday, March 19, 2009

Four elements



A new painting for you today, it is called Four elements. This painting will be my contribution to a local exhibition. It is the first time I will participate in an exhibition so I'm really excited.





Everything is made of wool but several pieces of wool are differently processed which gives it a lot of structure.




I am really glad with the color of the waves, you probably know by now that I'm addicted to blue. Another reason why this piece is special is because it was the first time I felted something myself.





The flames are embroidered with different kind of blue to express the different levels of warmth of them.




This is my symbol for the earth. What I especially like is the center because that is made of very soft merinowool which is not felted. I choose to do that because it makes it very vulnerable just like the our planet is.



With this one I had a little help because I just didn't have a clue how to symbolize air. Than Cathy had a mosaic which guided me to the answer of the butterflies. I'm really fond of butterflies and they add something whimsical too the painting.

This is all for today. Tomorrow I have a very special post for you. Hope you have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow.

Elizabeth

4 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Wonderful work, Elizabeth! I like your style, straight and still reflective.

Pursuing Art... said...

I just love this piece, Elizabeth! You did a beautiful job with the four elements!!! I know it will be enjoyed at the exhibition! Congratulations on it being your first time to participate too. I'm sure it will be a wonderful show. ~Lisa ;-)

I meant to say that the butterflies were a perfect idea to represent the air...they do add playfulness to your painting!

lisette said...

this is lovely - you have a delicacy yet strength of style that is quite striking.

thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - especially as it has led me to yours!

julochka said...

i hadn't seen this one before, i really like it! felt is just such a fantastic material to work with, isn't it?