Monday, March 23, 2009

Blocks of experience



This monday I would like to start with a personal post. This little beauty above is something I made to symbolize lessons learned. It will be part of the "Blanket" although I'm still not sure if it will be blanket.




The heart stands for our life. Everybody lives through experiences they wish they didn't have to go through. Our heart hurts, bleeds, aches and feels ripped apart.




These experiences are like blocks. They weigh heavy sometimes, they can build a wall around you because you just don't want anymore bricks. Later on they can become blocks of wisdom, I was told. Never believed it, but....



Somehow I start to see the beauty of some of these experiences and that feels really very different. The transformation is a process filled with love and I'm very grateful for that.

Hopefully I will remember this next time when a brick is thrown into my heart.

Well, I hope you like my excursion and I'll see you tomorrow.

Have a nice day.

Elizabeth

4 comments:

Blue Mountains Mary said...

Oh Elizabeth - this has certainly touched MY heart..

x

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

You are so very right. Let's hope we can somehow turn all those bricks into wisdom - and peace of heart.

tangled stitch said...

This is beautiful and so is the sentiment. Thank you for visiting my blog and for allowing me to visit yours. It's a wonderful journey!

Pursuing Art... said...

Your stitching and your post today is beautiful, Elizabeth! This is so true. I think we gain knowledge, truth, compassion, understanding, a peacefulness and love from tough blocks in our life...which ultimately gives us wisdom.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you use this piece of embroidery...I love it!

~Lisa ;-)