Wednesday, February 18, 2009

To honour my babysteps

Today I have a special post for you. The title sounds a little strange maybe but let me explain. Yesterday I had a "conversation" with Elsita over at Bill's place about the questions he had posted in relation to the book Wonderful life of Stephen Jay Gould. This made me realize even more to honour every experience, every part of my learning process. And therefore I decided to share a something of my learning process in which I don't feel confident because that is a part of any journey.










So and now over to the winner of the give away day 3. The winner of today is Grace of Gracebeading. Congratulations Grace. There are two days left of the give away week. You still can participate, just leave a comment on the remaining give away days of last week.

Have a wonderful day and give some thought to your own babysteps.

Elizabeth

6 comments:

Blue Mountains Mary said...

That was a great post over at Bill's - it gave me a lot to think about ...

and you are being very true to yourself to share your evolution..

GraceBeading said...

THAT'S how I found you - through Elsita's blog!

Thanks so much for sharing your learning process, I am following Bill's blog too - I'm off to see his latest postings next.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

If this is a self portrait, I think it's quite a big "babystep" you've already made ...

GAFFERGIRLS.COM said...

ending up on your blog tonight is just the highlight of the night ..
I backtracked thru some of yoour post ..what a great blog .. breathtaking pic's cute stuff
life is good...
have a great tomorrow
mona & the gaffer girls

Pursuing Art... said...

Elizabeth...your post to honor my babysteps was so touching to me.

I am in the process of learning something new also that I haven't felt very *confident* about. Thank you for reminding me to honor every experience and every part of the learning process in which we don't feel confident...because that is part of any journey! And, this is so true!

Your sketching is really good...I would love to see more.

~Lisa ;-)

Pursuing Art... said...

P.S. I forgot to say that I think your idea for a pincushion is a lovely idea for the Craftmanship pieces! They would be beautiful for that! ;-)