Friday, February 20, 2009

Nature is calling



I love drawing and colouring spirals for years now and that is why I decided to embroider one. The colours of this one are two variations of green which symbolizes the earth and blue stands for heaven, it is embroidered in two different chainstitches.

Today I also want to give you an update on my lychee project. The little plant is still alive and growing although painfully slow when you look each day if something happens. We are all very proud of it and the children get so see the developement of a large tree.



And now it is time to announce the last winner of the give away week. The winner of the friday give away is: Lisa of Pursuing Art. Congratulations Lisa! Please send me your address and I will mail the raffia peace embroidery as soon as possible.

A big, big thank you I sent to all of you who left a comment. I really appreciate it because this gave me a wonderful opportunity to meet new people and see new blogs. Thank you all!!!

Have a wonderful weekend and hope to see you monday.

Elizabeth

2 comments:

GraceBeading said...

I love spirals, I incorporate them into my beading as often as possible. The detail in your stitches is wonderful.

Congrats to Lisa for winning the Peace raffia!

Pursuing Art... said...

Hi Elizabeth,

Oh my...I am so honored to win your BEAUTIFUL raffia peace embroidery! It is just lovely!

I like your spiral piece, the colors, and what it symbolizes. Your stitching is so nice!

The lychee plant is a wonderful project for you and your children. Do you put it in water? Are you going to plant it in your yard?

Thank you so much! I will write you an email with my address. ~Lisa ;-)

P.S. I will catch up below on your posts I missed.