Monday, February 16, 2009

Craftmanship


In the library I found a beautiful book with the title Celtic Art in pagan and christian times of J. Romilly Allen. The picture above is a page from the book with an image of a late-Celtic bronze mirror from Trelan Bahow, Cornwall.



In the pictures above and below you can see how I pay tribute too the craftmanship of the man or woman who made this wonderful piece.







Well after this small historical trip I also have to announce the winner of the give away of last monday. So the first winner of my first give away week is: Gracebeading. Congratulations. Please send me an email with your address and the envelope will be flying in your mailbox.

For those who still want to participate in the give away week, you can by leaving a comment on last weeks posts.

Have a wonderful day.

Elizabeth

7 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

I enjoy very much how you use this old Celtic design to embroider a modern piece of your own! Keep on browsing that library!

Blue Mountains Mary said...

I see those embroidered pieces sewn onto a soft grey blanket?

Yes? No?

They are lovely...

GraceBeading said...

Hi Elizabeth, another pretty piece! Beautiful work.

I don't have your email address so I'm not sure how to contact you privately. I do have an email link in my blog profile, but I did not see one in yours.

Thanks so much,
Grace

Elizabeth said...

Hej Mary,

The pieces are embroidered on some off-white felt.

Thank you all for your comments. I love to hear from you.

Elizabeth

Blue Mountains Mary said...

Whoops - did not explain myself properly - I meant you could sew these pieces onto a grey blanket like patches - and the new red one too!!!

Pursuing Art... said...

These are beautiful and I like the idea of finding an old design and using it in your piece! They are wonderful.

I do like Mary's idea too...you could sew these onto a blanket or even a pillow. ~Lisa

Elizabeth said...

Sorry that I misunderstood. But of cause they can be sewn on a blanket. I have been thinking about what to do with them but haven't decided yet. Let's brainstorm together. I have been thinking about a pincushion or put them on a blue background and make a little painting of them. Your turn!!! LOL