Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tuareg



Last summer we visited Valdemars Slot on the island Tåsinge. In this large manor are several musea and there I saw these symbols. They are called Tuareg crosses. Tuareg are nomadic people living in the North of Africa. The crosses are normally made in silver and handed down from father too son. They are worn to protect its owner. For me it was love at first sight, didn't have my notebook with me so on the back of a receipt I sketched them and wrote some additional information.




Last year we moved to a new home, unfortunately the previous owners were heavy smokers. And although the wardrobes were cleaned and painted they still smelled a little bit. So there was a need to make a pile of lavendel bags. So I took that old receipt and started. Now our wardrobes are protected and smell wonderful again.



Have a beautiful day.

Elizabeth

No comments: