Monday, January 5, 2009

A Darcy


Happy 2009.

I'm so glad to return to Landanna, hope you are too.

Today I want to tell you something that happened during the holidays. On youtube I found the episodes of Pride and Prejudice, the adaptation of the BBC made in 1995. I had seen it before but I like the characters of miss Elizabeth Bennett (Jennifer Ehle) and Mr. Darcy (Colin Firth) a lot, so I decided to watch it again.

Again I got intriged by the thing Mr. Darcy was wearing on his waistbelt, just like last time. Therefore I decided to find out the name and the function of it. This took some time but I ended up at kannikskorner. After some research on their part Kathleen found out that it was a watch fob. A watch fob helps the owner to take his watch out a very small pocket, Mr. Darcy never did and there I didn't think of that possibility. But while Kathleen was researching, I designed one for myself with a variation of the herringbonestitch and called it a Darcy. So my Darcy was born because no watch is or will be attached to it.


This picture shows the details of the herringbonestitch. Well I hope you love Darcy as much as I do.

Have a great day!!!

Elizabeth

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Beautiful stitched work and thank you for sharing the story.