Friday, December 19, 2008

Red thread


This painting is inspired by the next chinese proverb

The red thread

An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The red thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break.




For me this image means two people who are one and still have their own path.



This image is like a process were one picks up where the other leaves.




Two people with very compatible energy.



Two people meeting and than 1 + 1 = 3.

In this painting I used four different stitches, the basic colours are blue and brown. I choose these colours to represent heaven and earth.

Well I hope you like it.

Today the christmas school holiday is starting so I will see you on monday January 5th.

Have a wonderful christmas and a fabulous start of 2009.

Elizabeth




3 comments:

dutchbaby said...

Magical proverb. Your stitchery depicted the sentiment beautifully!

Cheri said...

I like this very much, so simple yet so beautiful.

Jane said...

I love your work. The red thread of creativity runs through my life too. I'm thankful for it.